Hello, everyone! Thanks for having me here today to talk about my new digital erotic romance serial, Every Part of You. A story told in five parts, Every Part of You follows Simone and Elliott, two strangers who discover they have more in common than they thought. (Isn’t that how it always goes, though?)
Writing this serial was a lot of fun. Simone’s one of my favorite heroines, and Elliott, despite his grumpy, grouchy nature, or perhaps because of it, has a soft place in my heart. Together, they’re not a couple you might think would ever fall in love, but I hope readers will believe they’re meant to stay together!
Trivia about Every Part of You, the serial
- Simone’s original last name was Cooper, until I realized I already had a character in an upcoming release called Stella Cooper. Oops! Sometimes character names just seem to stick with you, and you forget you’ve used them before!
- Elliott also shared a name with another character, a young boy, in an upcoming release. But because Every Part of You ended up being finished first, Elliott got to keep his name, and I gave the kid a new one.
- Simone is a masochist, but not a submissive. I know that often the two go hand-in-hand, but I wanted to explore the concept of someone who really likes pain, but not being dominated.
- Elliott, perfectly enough, is a bit of a sadist without also being a dom. He’s a lot less willing to admit it than Simone, though.
- The story takes place in Philadelphia, which is a departure from my usual locale. I send them on a date to one of my favorite places, there, the Serrano restaurant and the Tin Angel club. They end up listening to an unnamed performer who’s based on one of my favorite singer/guitarists! (Can anyone guess who?)
- Simone is much shorter than most of my heroines. Mentally, I usually imagine my heroines being about my height, but Simone can’t be any more than five-three. She’s petite (unlike me!) with a short haircut, also unusual for my heroines!
- Simone doesn’t have a car. She doesn’t need one in the city! As a country girl myself, the idea of not having a car is strange. And fascinating.
- The character of Trent Boudreaux was inspired by a real life encounter I had in New Orleans. Let us speak no more of it.
- While it’s never clearly mentioned in the story, Elliott has a phobia about food poisoning and food left out on buffets. This is because as a kid, his mother once told him to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that had been sitting in a picnic basket all day long, and he got very, very sick. To this day he won’t eat pb & j (or food that’s been left out too long.)
- Once as a kid, Simone ate an entire jar of peanut butter and jelly (no bread) and to this day, she will not eat it, either. But neither of them have yet told the other!
Every Part of You: Tempts Me, available 2/4/14
Every Part of You: Resists Me, available 2/18/14
Every Part of You: Taunts Me, available 3/4/14
Every Part of You: Denies Me, available 3/18/14
Every Part of You: Takes Me, available 4/1/14
Want to win a copy of Every Part of You: Tempts Me? Comment here with your favorite or most hated food! Winner must be able to take delivery from Amazon.com, BN.com or iTunes.
Giveaway ends April 11, 2014 at 11:59 pm EST.
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Review: Sugarcoated by Erin Nicholas - September 17, 2020
- Afternoon Delight Review: Sugar Rush by Erin Nicholas - September 15, 2020
- Review: Sweet Sinclair by Maren Smith - September 15, 2020
- Review: Saving Sara by Maren Smith - September 14, 2020
- Review: Kaylee’s Keeper by Maren Smith - September 13, 2020