Genres: Contemporary Romance, Military Romance
Published by Indie/Self Published
Released on December 17, 2013
The author claimed that this short story is a result of two things- Shane and Jen just seemed to stick around wanting more of their story told (my words not hers) and fans love them so much that they wanted more. I’m one of those fans so I was thrilled to discover this added story.
The story takes place around Valentine’s Day. Shane and Jen are engaged and happy to be together, but this happiness does not come fear free. Shane worries that if he gives Jen what she wants- children- then there is a great possibility that her cancer will return full force. He has come up with a solution that he just needs to gather enough courage to share with her. On the other end, Jen fears that soon Shane will be given the all clear on his health to rejoin his unit and redeploy. Naturally, it all comes to a head and their relationship will go through a hard test. Through it all, Shane is still the man of Jen’s dreams who worries a little of giving the perfect Valentine’s gift.
I loved this short story. It was great to revisit Carponti and Laura too. I’m really rooting for Trent and Laura to find their happiness. I still find after all this time from when the first book came out that Shane and Jen are something special.
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Secret Crush Seduction by Jayci Lee - September 24, 2020
- Review: Architects of Memory by Karen Osborne - September 20, 2020
- Review: Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs - September 19, 2020
- Review: Where Winter Finds You by J.R. Ward - September 18, 2020
- Afternoon Delight Review: A Whirl With My Mocha-Chocolate Swirl by Dalia Dupris - September 16, 2020