Published by Indie/Self Published
Released on November 6, 2017
Source: Book Tour Provided
This is a story about a new love in a complicated situation that in the end, really isn’t that complicated. Ellie Washington lost her husband five years ago at Christmas time while she was pregnant with their son. The holidays just are too painful, but she puts on a brave smile for her son. Her rock is her brother-in-law, Nick. He has been with her every step for the last five years, moving her into his house and life. They shared their pain at the loss, the growing pains of having a baby now going off to school, and now feelings are starting to rise.
Nick has been harboring feelings for Ellie, while she is also harboring feelings for him. When Ellie starts trying to fix up Nick with her friends, their feelings bubble up to the top.
Ellie really is her own worst enemy through this story, which fustrated me so much. How many walls can one woman put up around her heart? Nick offered up some laughs as he thwarted Ellie at every attempt. I really like his character and felt at times Ellie really wasn’t the woman for him.
Overall, this was a sweet Christmas romance that will have you wanting to put up a Christmas tree and drink some hot chocolate. Unfortunately, it didn’t resonate with me as much as I hoped.
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Review Reboot: Game for Anything by Bella Andre - November 19, 2019
- I Dare You Fall Sports Spotlight on Love Hypothetically by Anne Tenino - November 19, 2019
- Review: Hot As Puck by Lili Valente - November 19, 2019
- I Dare You Fall Sports Yellow Pages - November 19, 2019
- I Dare You Throw Down- Fall Sports Romance - November 18, 2019