Genres: Contemporary Romance
Released on February 3, 2012
This sassy little Valentine’s Day short pacts a punch. For all its brevity, I was still able to get into the story, appreciate the humor and love the characters.
It’s Valentine’s Day and Rachel’s friend wishes- yet again- to set her up on a blind date. Ellen’s track record for ‘unsuccess’ is batting a thousand. Ellen found happiness and just wants the same for her friend. She’s willing to beg and connive to do it. Rachel cringes at the thought of going on another date, but she is also saddened to think that all she has to look forward to is a date with ‘Sex in the City’ re-runs while cuddled up to her dog on the couch.
Then salt in the wound is to observe Noah, the guy she has been dreamy over, tell a gorgeous co-worker that he has big plans for the evening. This dashes her dreams of anything with Noah other than to be office friends. So why not go out on that date she reasons.
It was enjoyable and I was tickled to discover that my home town was the backdrop. This short piece could be read in a few minutes and would be great for those who want some sweet romance and very little time to read. This was my first time reading this author and I’m definitely going back for more particularly Ellen’s story which is available too.
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Sweet Young Delight Review: The Garden of God by Henry De Vere Stacpoole - September 12, 2021
- Young Sweet Delight Review: The Blue Lagoon by Henry De Vere Stacpoole - September 5, 2021
- Review: Uncharted by Tracey Garvis Graves - September 3, 2021
- Review: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh - September 2, 2021
- Review: Play of Passion by Nalini Singh - August 30, 2021