Genres: Fantasy Romance
Published by Indie/Self Published
Released on January 21, 2011
I tumbled onto this book accidentally as I am not one who will gravitate toward the fantasy aisle or the fantasy section of a bookseller.
I completely enjoyed this offering. It has everything- fantasy world and beings, adventure, romance, and intrigue. The deep characters were the best part. I found the humor that was present in the h/h friendship as well as its presence in the tension between Rautu and the displaced Magi companion wonderful.
The tale is comprised of the h/h battle to save her land, then they journey to his land where she learns about his people and gets into mischief, and finally due to the unintentional outcome of the Commander’s attempt to save the Haanta people from an invasion, they are sent into exile and back to her land. There they find the new king and country trying to repair quickly from the last war as they are in the shadow of another possible war. The Commander and Rautu escort the Haanta magi to the Mage shelter only to be forced to leave when her great powers save them from a demon attack. The tale ends when they are informed that the magi must remain in their care and that war has come to the land. The king is calling for their aid.
There is little lag time and the plot is interesting. The different peoples and their worlds are fascinating.
A good read!
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Things We Didn’t Say by Amy Lynn Green - January 17, 2021
- Review: Running Away With the Bride by Sophia Singh Sasson - January 14, 2021
- Spotlight & Excerpt: Running Away With the Bride by Sophia Singh Sasson - January 14, 2021
- Review: Once Upon a Mail Order Bride by Linda Broday - January 13, 2021
- Audio Delight Review: Ghosts Just Wanna Have Fun by Danielle Garrett - January 12, 2021