Genres: Contemporary Romance
Published by Indie/Self Published
Released on July 17, 2017
The title calls it a quickie and that is exactly what it is. It was a sizzling encounter between good friends who long to be something more.
While Snowed in is a parallel side story to the first book in the Starling Place series, Coming Together. It does fine as a standalone though it does reference the heroine in the first book and the hero in this one is working on the Starling Place project and there is a feeling that it is part of a larger story.
The story is short story length so establishes the characters with efficiency and then gets right into Sadie and Daniel’s attraction. They are friends and both live in the apartments above Sadie’s book store. They want each other, but fear what it will do for their friendship if going for it together doesn’t work out. But a power outage and snow give them just the opening they need.
It was crackling with attraction and unsaid longing. It ends on a happy for now note that is full of promise. Good for a cold day and the need for a quick warming up.
This story was free on Amazon at the time of the review and might still be available as free.
Romance Roundabout #283 CR
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Sweet Young Delight Review: The Garden of God by Henry De Vere Stacpoole - September 12, 2021
- Young Sweet Delight Review: The Blue Lagoon by Henry De Vere Stacpoole - September 5, 2021
- Review: Uncharted by Tracey Garvis Graves - September 3, 2021
- Review: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh - September 2, 2021
- Review: Play of Passion by Nalini Singh - August 30, 2021