Good Grief! I almost forgot to put this together because I didn’t realize it was the end of the month. It was like Easter happened and I just got caught up in Spring Fever or something. Anyhoo, hope everyone had a fab Easter and that any lingering winter chill has been vanquished until next time around.
This was an odd reading month for me. I had a heck of a time knuckling down and reading my review commitments. I kept straying to personal choice reads. I also kept flitting from one sub-genre to the next. Then there were whole days I didn’t want to read at all. I actually preferred to wash windows one day. Haha! Talk about moody! Anyone else get bitten by the Spring bug?
Now on to what I actually did get read. For the month of April I read 34 books total.
Breakdown was: 23 were for review, 10 were purchased or won, 17 new to me authors, 15 new to me series, 5 end of series
Things that caught my attention:
– Did you know that some authors put little short stories, scenes and snippets up for free to read at their websites? Well I didn’t. I only discovered this phenomenon when I was looking at a series list on GoodReads and noticed the extra titles and checked them out by following the links from GR. Ex: Darynda Jones, Eileen Wilks, Marissa Meyer, Abigail Roux
– The Book Outlet store, new discovery of on-line outlet books. I spent $10 on $80 worth of books, true story.
– Blogging A to Z was the funnest (I know that is ungrammatical, but go with me on it) thing ever this month. I loved putting together posts for it and loved reading other blogger’s posts. Oh, and wasn’t Shari the clever one with those alternate word selections. I laughed so much reading those.
- Herding Cats & Burning Soup’s Historical Romance: 31/20+
- Under the Covers’ Immortals: 57/20+ Completed all categories
- Salacious Reads’ Inter-racial: 25/40
- Salacious Reads’ Series: 4/2 series, Completed
- The Book Vixen’s Men in Uniform: 25/20+ Completed
- My Reader’s Block’s Mt. TBR: 57/75
- Under the Covers’ Real Men: 73/25+ books, 4/5 categories
– Majestic historical backdrop, The Red Lily Crown by Elizabeth Loupas
– Spectacular blend of history and PNR, Enchanting the Beast by Kathryn Kennedy
– The Grandest Grand Finale, East of Ecstasy by Laura Kaye
– Heartwarming romance & family, Carolina Man by Virginia Kantras
– Outstanding blend of sport & romance, On the Surface by Kate Willoughby
– For giving me a great autumn romance, Beauty and the Brigadier by DL Jackson
– And this is how New Adult is done, Easy by Tammara Webber
– Engaging debut YA effort, Boys Like You by Juliana Stone
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: An Act of Detection by Charlie Cochrane - June 29, 2021
- Review: Sweep With Me by Ilona Andrews - June 28, 2021
- Review: Sweep of the Blade by Ilona Andrews - June 28, 2021
- Review: A Captain For Carolyn Gray by Julie Wright - June 27, 2021
- Review: Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh - June 26, 2021