“Summertime…and the living is easy…” humming to a favorite tune. Hmm, okay not yet, but in a few weeks I’m off to the mountains and forests to enjoy lakeside camping that always relaxes me like nothing else. Anyone else got anything relaxing going this summer? I already tapped into a few beach reads to get me in the mood, but for the most part I was just seriously tearing through my review pile. So without further ado, here’s what I had going reading-wise this past month.
I read a total of 40 books. Woohoo, kicking tail and taking numbers!
The breakdown: 17 new to me authors, 14 new to me series, 31 review requests, 2 end of series, 24 Net Galleys (87%)
Things I Noticed:
– I gravitate toward surfing stories in the summer. Any recommends?
– Someone’s (as in a publisher or promoter I’ve worked with before) list of reviewers got hijacked recently b/c I got hit with an unprecedented amount of individual authors I’m unacquainted with asking me to review their books in a wide variety of genres that I don’t typically read.
– Some series should definitely be cut off sooner rather than later, but others are cut off too soon. Got a series you wish had kept going? Mine is Paula Altenburg’s Demon Outlaws
– One should by favorite series novellas with gift cards b/c they generally aren’t worth the price per page otherwise.
Herding Cats & Burning Soup’s Historical Romance: 49/40+ COMPLETED
Under the Covers’ Immortals: 4/4 categories COMPLETED
Salacious Reads’ Interracial: 32/40
Salacious Reads’ Series: 7/4 series COMPLETED
The Book Vixen’s Men in Uniform: 35/20 COMPLETED
My Reader’s Block’s Mt. TBR: 59/75
Under the Covers’ Real Men: 6/7 categories (still working on the biker category)
Debut Author The Red Bikini by Lauren Christopher CR
Packs an Emotional Punch The Captive by Grace Burrowes HR
Evidence of Love by Elizabeth Rose RS
Hot & Hilarious Hell’s Kitty by Eve Langlais PNR
Awesome After the HEA Arrest by June Gray CR
Authenticity & Poignancy Fair Play by Deeanne Gist HR
YA Author to Watch Catch a Falling Star by Kim Culbertson YA-CR
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Afternoon Delight: Lady Doctor Wyre by Joely Sue Burkhart - August 3, 2020
- Review: Virgin River by Robyn Carr - August 3, 2020
- Cover Reveal for Touch of Evil by Cecy Robson - July 29, 2020
- Review: A Duke, the Lady, and a Baby by Vanessa Riley - July 28, 2020
- Review: The Billionaire in Boots by Julia London - July 27, 2020