Welcome to The Book Report where we run down everything that happened in the month and update you on challenges, giveaways, reviews and more!
Like Sophia, this month has been filled with appointments, but only one appointment was my own. The one appointment…a mammogram. Have you had your mammogram recently? While I have a family history of breast cancer, luckly I don’t carry the genes that run in families. I had that test done a year ago because I wanted my daughters to know as my grandmother and great-grandmother had breast cancer. So do me a favor and keep you breasts healthy.
My mother isn’t doing so well and it has caused me not to be around here a lot. No resolution and no end in site, so I do what I can. Throw in just daily life and things have been off kilter in February. The one good thing is I have read a lot. Probably from the nights I couldn’t sleep.
Ready for spring? I am! Oh, and Monday is my 24th marriage anniversary to my wonderful husband. Can’t believe we are so close to our silver anniversary. 2021 is going to be a big year, but that’s still a year away.
February – My Reading Breakdown: 19 books read, 4 Kindle Unlimited, 1 NetGalley, 11 Purchased, 7 re-read books, 2 Written Reviews
- Favorite Book Read: Knight Awakening by Rebecca Zanetti – it’s been a while since this series had a new book and unfortunately it looks like the last book in the series. Wraps up nicely, but makes me sad.
- Silliest Book Read: Praying for Rain by B.B. Easton – I don’t really know what I expected, but this was pretty brutal about the world ending. Just didn’t do much for me.
- New Author to Love: Taylor Holloway – Started off with Baby and the Beast and I was caught in a cute, sweet, but oh so sexy series about the Princes of Hollywood!
- The Series That Never Ends: 0/5 (0%)
- Bad Boys of Romance: 3/30 (10%)
- Literary Pickers: 5/40 (13%)
- Books ‘N Tunes: 4/40 (10%)
- Review Writing: 9/90 (10%)
- Reading Challenge: 32/150 (21%)
- Audiobook Challenge: 0/10 (0%)
Sophia Rose’s Update
This has been the month of appointments. Let’s just say I’ve spent more time in waiting rooms than my own living room. Haha! But, they must be done, right?
It’s been a quiet month for me and made up mostly of every day usual activities. Even the weather has been rather mild for this time of the year with fewer storms than usual. We didn’t catch any of the nasty illnesses. And, I did manage to replace two small appliances that finally fizzled out with age for half-off prices and reward points. Woohoo!
I got a big batch of clearance Valentine Dove dark chocolate which I’m showing great self-control by only eating a piece a day. I confess that our household does propagate the greeting card industry and buy each other Valentine cards so I got a sweet valentine, too.
As to books, I’m in the home stretch of the COYER Winter Friends challenge with only one more week left. I thought the emphasis on FRIENDS really made this challenge exceptionally poignant when we gave tribute to two fellow book bloggers who passed away last year, did buddy reading with other challenges, and were challenged to read from one another’s recommends and TBR pile lists. My thanks to Michelle, Berls, and Stephanie for hosting. My goal was sixty books and I didn’t quite make it since I’ll probably finish with fifty-some odd books. So close!
February Reading Total: 28 books
Reading Breakdown: 7 Net Galley (97%), 7 author/publisher requests, 10 TBR, 3 library, 3 Kindle Unlimited, 9 audio, 9 new to me authors, 8 new to me series
Because Reading’s COYER- 48/60 books
Unconventional Bookworm’s New Release- 18/100 books
Angel’s Guilty Pleasures and Books Are My Heart’s Library Love- 5/23 books
Austenesque Lovers- 5/50 books
My Reader Block’s Mt. TBR- 25/100 books
Because Reading’s Spring Reading Assignment- 7/16 books
Delighted Reader’s Series That Never Ends- 2/11 books
Passages to the Past’s Historical Fiction 20/50 books
Delighted Reader’s Literary Pickers- 40/100 books
Under the Covers and Peace Love Book’s Romanceopoly- 16/78 books
Caffeinated Book Reviewer and Hot Listen’s Audio – 16/100 books
Delighted Reader’s Books N Tunes- 9/50 books
Book Girl of Mur y Castell and Carole Rae’s Random Ramblings’ Romance BINGO- 16/25 books
How was your February? Keeping up with your real life goals? Hitting your challenge numbers still? Do Tell!
This Month’s Reviews
Did you miss a review? No fear! Here’s what we wrote about.
- [2 Feb] The Last Sister by Kendra Elliot ★★★★
- [4 Feb] Temporary Wife Temptation by Jayci Lee ★★★½
- [5 Feb] This Fallen Prey by Kelley Armstrong ★★★★
- [6 Feb] The Mail Order Bride's Secret by Linda Broday ★★★★
- [8 Feb] Southern Ghost Hunter Series 5th Anniversary Special Edition by Angie Fox ★★★★
- [9 Feb] Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs ★★★★★
- [11 Feb] The Persephone Star by Jamie Sullivan ★★★½
- [16 Feb] Ride the River by Louis L'amour ★★★★
- [19 Feb] Time After Time by Emma Kaye ★★★★
- [20 Feb] An Everyday Hero by Laura Trentham ★★★★★
- [21 Feb] Crave by J.R. Ward ★★★★
- [22 Feb] Iron Kissed - Series Readalong by Patricia Briggs ★★★★★
- [23 Feb] A Grave Matter by Anna Lee Huber ★★★½
- [25 Feb] My Bestie's Ex by Piper Rayne ★★★★
- [26 Feb] Picture Perfect Lie by Marquita Valentine ★★★½
- [27 Feb] Vanished by Kendra Elliot ★★★★
- [28 Feb] Baby and the Beast by Taylor Holloway ★★★★
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Holiday Spotlight, Excerpt and Giveaway! Joy to the Wolves by Terry Spear - December 10, 2020
- The Book Report November 2020 - December 1, 2020
- Review: Tied by Carian Cole - October 22, 2020
- Spotlight: ALASKAN CHRISTMAS REDEMPTION by Belle Calhoune - October 15, 2020
- Spotlight & Giveaway: Touch of Evil by Cecy Robson - October 13, 2020