Welcome to The Book Report where we run down everything that happened in the month and update you on challenges, giveaways, reviews and more!
November came with a bang. We had our first snow storm and snow day for school, which means we only have 3 snow days left. This could be a fun school year….right? I am not a snow or ice person so this wasn’t my cup of tea. I can appreciate it’s beauty, but I also can appreciate the pain in the ass it is to me, literally.
Finished up some college visits with my second child and cub scouts is kicking my tush. NaNoWriMo month is givng me a headache. I keep writing, but I also keep changing the story. I will say a class has thrown me for a loop and not in a good way. I think I am just going to set the class aside and write what I want to write. It wasn’t like they said I could only write one genre, but it feels like that is hemming me in and I can’t seem to keep it all sweet. I am not what people call sweet 🙂
Oh, and my oldest auditioned with her clogging group for America’s Got Talent. We won’t know until March 2020 if we get to move onto the next round. Exciting, but I was really hoping to be done with dance this year.
I got to do some more reading and I blew out some reviews one day. I was a writing demon. But that came at a cost to my book, but it was more entertaining to write the reviews than my book, so I will take it.
Finally, I made a great big dent in my challenges this month. Be on the look out next month for all the challenges I plan to run as well as participate!
Sadly, our cat had a stroke last Sunday and was really in bad condition. The vet didn’t give us much hope she could get any mobility back which was fustrating the cat. We had to make a hard decision and we hope she is in a better place hunting mice.
Thanksgiving was interesting. This is the first year we I haven’t had turkey. We kept it simple and made pizzas that required little prep time or clean up. With an elderly mother, it was just the best solution to keep her from getting exhausted and over doing everything.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
My Reading Breakdown: 17 Reviews Written, 14 Books Read, 2 NetGalley, 5 Purchased, 6 Kindle Unlimited, 92% NetGalley Feedback Ratio, 3 DNF
The Series That Never Ends: 7/7 – 100% done
Bad Boys of Romance: 30/30 – 100% done
Literary Pickers: 55/55 – 100% done
Books ‘N Tunes: 38/35 – 108% done
Review Writing: 76/75 – 100% done
Reading Challenge: 100/100 – 100% done
Audiobook Challenge: 9/5 – 170% done
New Release Challenge: 29/20 – 145% done
Try Something New Challenge: 36/35 – 100% done
Reading Challenge 101/100 – 100% done
Blogger Shame Challenge: 9/10 – 90% – Just 1 more to go!
Sophia Rose’s Update
Did someone grease the skids on these last few months? Seriously! Between record snowfalls for this time of the year, leaf duty, and getting things sorted for the big family Thanksgiving dinner at Grammy’s, I lost track. For Black Friday, I’ll be putting up my holiday decorations, nibbling on leftovers, watching Hallmark movies at home while the rest of them go to a Piston’s game.
And, the crucial moment will have arrived… will the cats leave the Christmas tree, lights, ornaments, and decorations alone or will it be Christmas-geddon at our place?
As to book news, I participated in three readathons and one blog event this month. So much fun and I can’t thank the hostesses enough.
First, there was Can You Read a Series in a Month hosted by Michelle and Berls @ Because Reading. I chose to read the last three remaining Children of the Sea books by Virginia Kantra and made it.
Next, #Romanceopolyathon which was hosted by the gals @Under the Covers and Jess @ Peace Love Books November 3-10th. I participated in the Instagram Challenge and read two books that counted toward the RAT, meeting my goal.
Then, there was #HoHoHoRAT which was hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and her ‘elf’ cohostesses. I participated in the mini-challenges from each blog hostess, the Instagram Challenge, and also read 7 books which was 2 more than my goal.
Finally, we hosted I Dare You Fall Sports Romance and it was fun to see the posts go live, get enthusiastic about sports romance, and read one sports romance for the event. The Mad Libs game results are below.
Actually, by the time this posts, I’ll have participated in one more readathon, #YuletideBingo hosted by the gals at Under the Covers and Ang @ PNR Book Reviews from Nov 27- Dec 1st. I’m hoping to read two books and do the activities toward all the BINGO squares.
But, it’s that time of the year again, and I’ve signed up for winter COYER with Friends hosted by Michelle and Berls @ Because Reading and Stephanie @ Once Upon a Chapter. It runs from Dec 1st– Mar 7th. My goal is to read 40 books that count, participate in at least 3 of the 4 RATS, do one buddy read, and participate in the Facebook group and Instagram challenge.
If you want to check it out or join in, here’s the link: https://www.becausereading.com/winter-coyer-with-friends-time-to-sign-up/
Watch for upcoming posts as we line up Delighted Reader- hosted Reading Challenges for 2020 and put up our Best of 2019 and projected 2020 posts. Always an exciting time of the year.
November Reading Total: 31 Books
Reading Breakdown: 10 Netgalley (95%), 11 author/publisher requests, 10 TBR, 9 audios, 8 new to me authors, 8 new series
I am going to leave you in suspense here until next month when I post about my end of the year results as well as those I’m signing up for next year.
And, the section, you’ve all been dying to get, the Fall Sports Romance MadLibs results. The free printable was courtesy of Woo Jr.com printables.
Nothing beats a game of football on a throbbing winter day.Fans dress in their team’s socks and wave balls to show their support.
Before the game, players will thrust with fans and autograph fingers for them.
It’s a tradition to eat a pickle and chips at swimming games.
When a team scores a bed, fans will squeeze and slide loudly and, if you’re purple, you can catch a flying pinch.
Gift shops sell souvenirs like shiny condoms and hockey sticks to remember a fresh day at the game.
You know… I’ve been thinking this might be fun to do at a tipsy bachelorette party. Thank you to all who contributed. Oh man, I’m still laughing every time I see this.
How was your November? Do any holiday decorating or baking yet? Finish your present shopping? Participate in any readathons? Do Tell!
This Month’s Reviews
Did you miss a review? No fear! Here’s what we wrote about.
- [3 Nov] Wrong Side of Hell by Sonya Bateman ★★★★
- [4 Nov] Shadows by Kristen Proby ★★★★
- [5 Nov] The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams ★★★★★
- [6 Nov] Someone to Remember by Mary Balogh ★★★★
- [7 Nov] The Outlaw's Heart by Amy Sandas ★★★★
- [8 Nov] Braxx by Cara Bristol ★★★★
- [9 Nov] Sea Witch by Virginia Kantra ★★★½
- [10 Nov] Lake Silence by Anne Bishop ★★★★
- [11 Nov] The Two Week Arrangement by Kendall Ryan ★★★½
- [11 Nov] Santa in a Kilt by Donna Kauffman ★★★½
- [12 Nov] The Family Journal by Carolyn Brown ★★★★
- [13 Nov] Seven Nights of Sin by Kendall Ryan ★★★½
- [14 Nov] Hot Mess by Jaine Diamond ★★★★
- [15 Nov] Twisted Truths by Rebecca Zanetti ★★★★★
- [16 Nov] Fallen by Rebecca Zanetti ★★★★
- [17 Nov] Immortal Sea by Virginia Kantra ★★★½
- [18 Nov] In Skate's Trouble by Kate Meader ★★★½
- [19 Nov] Dangerous Games by J.T. Geissinger ★★★★
- [19 Nov] Hot As Puck by Lili Valente ★★★★
- [19 Nov] Game for Anything by Bella Andre ★★★★
- [20 Nov] Verite by Rachel Blaufield ★★★½
- [20 Nov] Holiday On Ice by Jaci Burton ★★★★
- [20 Nov] Straddling the Line by Jaci Burton ★★★★
- [21 Nov] Puck Me, Baby by Lili Valente ★★★★
- [21 Nov] Once Perfect by Cecy Robson ★★★★½
- [22 Nov] Saving Grace by Katie Graykowski ★★★★
- [22 Nov] Loving Him Off the Field by Jeanette Murray ★★★★½
- [23 Nov] Good Boy by ★★★★
- [23 Nov] Foolish Games by Tracy Solheim ★★★★
- [25 Nov] Winter of the Wolf by Cherise Sinclair ★★★★
- [26 Nov] Ride the High Lonesome by Rosanne Bittner ★★★★
- [27 Nov] Wolf Rebel by Paige Tyler ★★★★½
- [29 Nov] Leap of the Lion by Cherise Sinclair ★★★★
- [30 Nov] Starlight Rite by Cherise Sinclair ★★★★
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Spotlight, Excerpt, and Giveaway: Jackson by LaQuette - February 25, 2021
- The Book Report January 2021 - January 31, 2021
- Holiday Spotlight, Excerpt and Giveaway! Joy to the Wolves by Terry Spear - December 10, 2020
- The Book Report November 2020 - December 1, 2020
- Review: Tied by Carian Cole - October 22, 2020