Are you ready for some football?
Ok, I just had to say it. Football is my sport of choice to watch. They have one of the shortest seasons and each game is usually exciting. Big men tackling big men? Yep, I love it.
So when I started blogging a few years ago, I wanted more sports romances. It wasn’t easy to find them like it is today. So that got me to thinking which football romance was my first?
This cover had me panting to meet Mick and his lovely heroine Tara. It’s the first book in the Play by Play series that follows family and friends of sports athletes. The Perfect Play was my first sports romance, football romance and first Jaci Burton romance. Popping cherries left and right here. I came to love Mick as he fought alcoholism in his youth, strived to be the best and found the one woman who completed him…and had a teenage son. As the series has continued, I haven’t found it as fulfilling as the first book. But oh, the covers get me every time!
So what was your first sports romance? First football romance?
Yakkety Yak…Let’s Chat
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Spotlight, Excerpt, and Giveaway: Jackson by LaQuette - February 25, 2021
- The Book Report January 2021 - January 31, 2021
- Holiday Spotlight, Excerpt and Giveaway! Joy to the Wolves by Terry Spear - December 10, 2020
- The Book Report November 2020 - December 1, 2020
- Review: Tied by Carian Cole - October 22, 2020